Wednesday


Just recently this month in Warrenton, TX there was the awesome RouNd ToP/WaRReNton aNtiQueS WeeK. I went to this with a friend a few years ago and was so amazed at all the wonderful vendors and junk (treasures) that one could find there. I long to go back and relive the excitement of the hunt. Hard to find a way from Illinois to Texas other then driving a long distance to be able to get all those treasures back home! Big dilemma.



My friend Stephanie and I got to meet and get a picture with the famous Junk Gypsy's (Amie, Jolie & Janie Sikes) whom I have admired for many years. I love the whole attitude, blog and merchandise these gals put out. A mother, daughter's team they inspire me so much. I recently saw that they are embarking on a TV show, how exciting, I cannot wait.
If you have never heard of the Junk Gypsy's here is a link to their website:
http://www.gypsyville.com/

Here is a video that was shot the year I was there and yes if you watch closely I actually made it into this video~




This year the Junk Gypsy's hosted a book signing by Shabby Chic's Rachel Ashwell. We all know that she was the start of this crazy obsession that I as well as so many of you probably have. The love of all things chippy, rusty, faded and just simply wonderful stuff. I would of loved to have met her.
Jill at Gypsy Brocante is also doing a giveaway on her blog for a signed copy of Rachel's new book and a vintage style scarf. I have entered and here is the link to her blog so you can read about Warrenton and see some great pictures of the whole experience and enter too. http://www.gypsyfleamarket.blogspot.com/
I will have to live through her experience until I can get there again!


On another note my girls went to homecoming this past weekend and you know that I have to share a picture with you of how beautiful they looked.


How can I get my girls interested in flea markets, dumpster diving and all the things that just make my heart sing? I do believe that I got the bug from my mom, who was an antique diva long before any of the books came out. I spent many a day in an antique shop or flea market.
Thanks mom...who knows maybe someday the girls will come around?!

No comments: