Tuesday

Longing


Every year at this time I get this longing to be by the ocean, to feel the sun on my body! I am sure this is true for most everyone that lives in the midwest.

I was given this picture by an artist friend to have fun and collage with and I just love it. How long has it been since I have picked up a shell and listened to the ocean. I remember doing this as a child, my dad had a conch shell and we would hold it up to our ears and you better believe we could hear the ocean and maybe even dream of being a mermaid!

I was just talking to my daughter the other day about a movie I saw many years ago called "The Incredible Mr. Limpet" with Don Knotts. Anyone remember that movie? I am showing my age, I know. I loved this movie and still remember it so vividly. It was about a man who longed to be a fish and live in the ocean.

Found a clip on youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdK3z3Uqiws

This clip is so vintage, guess that means, so am I. I loved the part where the wife says...if you only paid me half as much attention as those fish I would be the happiest women and he replies that the fish are so bright and cheerful. I think I would appreciate the movie for other qualities now that escaped me as a child.

For any reading this post that live by the ocean and are longing for a trip to the beautiful midwest...can we say house swap?

Happy Birthday today to Diana who writes a beautiful blog about the midwest to tempt you to want to visit...
http://heartlandblog.blogspot.com/

No comments: